Tuesday, February 3, 2009

From DR to ER!

We barely got my dad into the car - with help of my nephew - and had to get the nurses to help us get him into a wheelchair and into the Dr. office. They took a look at him and called an ambulance to bring him across the street to the hospital. We've been here in ER since about 2:30. They have told us:

He had a 102 + fever, and it's down to 99 or thereabouts
He has an infection, but labs aren't in yet so we don't know what or where
He is sound asleep, snoring like a freight train, and that's good
The dr's are looking at his charts and will be in soon to talk to us

When is soon? We had no lunch - again - and my mom is exhausted. So am I for that matter. But we'll be here as long as necessary. Because that's what you do.

Thanks to all of you who have left comments and good thoughts for us. You have no idea how much they mean! (And Sue, I'm honored to be your first blog comment - thank you!)

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Hang in there. Been there, done that, and once again, you have my sympathy and prayers. I believe caring for an elderly parent is the most demanding job. But, as you say, we do it because we must and for all they have done for us.

Hugs,

Sue

P.S. I understand about your brother too. I have the same situation.

Rosanne said...

I'll be thinking of you, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

BECKY,
I JUST READ ABOUT YOUR DAD WHEN I CAME FOR WORDLESS WEDNESDAY. YOU AND YOUR DAD ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
HUGS TO YOU
debbie