Friday, February 27, 2009

Floral Friday - A Little Late!

Due to my dad's health crisis and all, I haven't done a Floral Friday post in a while, so I wanted to share some pictures with you now. They are all from my yard, taken April 30, 2007.



Pink Knockout Rose
Bearded Iris - Deep Purple
Bearded Iris - Peach Ruffles
And I know, this isn't a flower, but the birds in my yard are like flowers with wings! These last two are pictures of the pair of Rose Breasted Grosbeak that visited me for a couple of days. They are migratory, and only stop in passing, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching them while they were here!


This one is of the pair. The male (with red breast) is sitting just above and to the left of the top of the feeder. Look directly above him and you'll see the female sitting on a limb.
I hope you've enjoyed this visit to my yard. It sure makes me dream of spring! Our weather is very spring-like with rain showers all day today and tomorrow, but then they are saying we'll have snow on Sunday!
The good part of the showers is that I know they are so very good for our plants that are waiting for some sunny warm days of spring to come popping up out of the ground. As a matter of fact, when I went to check the mailbox a little while ago, I noticed my chrysanthemums are already putting out their frilly green leaves! I think they may want to tuck them back in for a while yet!
Whether your day is filled with rain, snow, sunshine or clouds, I wish for you a wonderful day! Becky

3 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

Love the iris. I can't wait until we have the money to landscape the yard of our house. I want some camellia bushes and gardenias for sure.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful irises. The peach ruffles looks like you could eat it! I have a silvery lavender one that is always a delight Thanks for giving us a peak of things to come.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers, I love the first photo, so vibrant! have a wonderful weekend~