Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back To The Hospital!

Just a quick post - I'm tired! My dad is back in the hospital again. I actually left this morning to go have a rare 'day out' and was shopping at a JoAnn store about 40 minutes from here when my mom called around noon. My dad was having trouble breathing, but didn't want to go to the hospital. "Tough!" We left him no choice. He has chronic congestive heart failure, and we wanted to get him checked out early, so we spent 6+ hours in ER before finally getting into a room a little before 8 pm tonight. We left him in capable hands and came home to start back over tomorrow morning.

He did have fluid beginning to build up around his heart, and to get rid of it he has to be on meds - he literally loses it through urination, so the catheter that was removed on Monday is at work once again. He's doing fine - not critical this time, and shouldn't be there more than 2-3 days at most - if all goes well.

So, back to the hospital tomorrow, but I'll take my laptop, so I should be able to check in and read my favorite blogs. Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

So sorry to hear about your dad, but at least for now it doesn't sound too serious. However, it is never fun to run back and forth to the hospital. I am continuing to send prayers and positive thoughts.

Hugs,

Sue

Tish - GaMtnScrap said...

I'm sorry that you are having to go through all this with your Dad. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

SoBella Creations said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending your family some prayes.