Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Stay At Home Day

I stayed at home today. I really needed a day to rest and catch up around the house, and Daddy is 'okay' and Mama got her errands run, and she told me to stay home with hubby.

My day started very early this morning. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep (4 am or so) and got up, came in here and played on the computer a little while and went back to bed, but once again - no sleep. Then I realized I was hungry, so just before 5 am I got up and made a bowl of cheese grits and got a glass of orange juice and came in here in the office and played while I ate, then went back to bed. I remember laying down sometime around 5:25. The next thing I knew it was 10:13 am. I'd slept almost 5 hours, and that's the latest I've slept in YEARS!

I got all the laundry washed, but one load needs to be put into the dryer still, and I got the dishes washed - mostly plastic stuff since I kept most everything else in the dishwasher and ran it from time to time. I also worked on some crafty things, washed and re-filled the 3 hummingbird feeders, and cooked dinner - pan fried chicken with a Parmesan crust, swiss potato galette, and green beans. Yum!

Now I'm about to finish up a set of 3 sachets I'm working on, and will probably then go to bed. For some reason I'm tired.

I talked to my mom a few minutes ago, and Daddy has had a pretty good day. He had a dizzy spell last night, but she didn't call the hospice hotline because it was over very quickly and he seemed okay. She called me instead. She's so used to picking up the phone and calling me, it's a hard habit to break. And that's okay.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, friends! Becky

No comments: