Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tasty Thursday - Easy and Delicious Key Lime Pie!!!

A couple of weeks ago hubby and I wanted something 'different' for a weekend dessert. As I was walking down the baking aisle of my local Kroger, a little green bottle caught my eye. KEY LIME PIE!!! If you've never tried making this pie using Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice, you really should try it sometime.



First, because it's so easy! A graham cracker crust, three ingredients and some whipped cream or 'topping', and you are good to go! It's creamy, sweet, tart, tangy and really, really delicious! The bottle of juice will make probably 3-4 pies, and costs less than $3, and it will keep in the fridge for about a month, but you could measure it out into 1/2 cup portions and freeze it, and it would keep for much longer. You would just take out one 1/2 cup 'chunk', let it melt, and make a pie!

Here's what you need:

  • One pre-made graham cracker crust
  • One 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
  • Three eggs, separated - you will only use the yolks for this recipe
  • 1/2 Cup Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Chill until cold through. Serve with whipped cream.


Here's how it looks right out of the oven . . .



And here's how it looks topped with some freshly made sweetened whipped cream and a few frozen raspberries. Looks yummy, doesn't it???


If you like easy peasy desserts, and love tangy, tart, creamy, luscious desserts, please try this one soon! It's one of our summertime favorites!
Before I go, I wanted to let you know I've been creating again, and have made 4 more sachets and have started on a few more. Thanks to all of your sweet comments, I think I'll open up my Etsy shop and put them up for sale soon. I'll try to post a few pictures of my latest creations in the next couple of days, and when I get the shop up and going you'll be the first to know!
Blessings friends! Becky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This pie looks so good and sounds easy. Best wishes with the etsy shop - your creations will be a big hit - they all were just lovely.

K-Sue said...

My husband's favorite! This is usually his choice for birthday "cake."

Tara said...

My dad loves kep lime pie...looks so fresh and wonderful.. thanks for sharing!

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing this with us! I need to find some of this juice! I just happen to have neighbors across the street named Nellie & Joe! How funny is that! ~ T

Teton Valley Mom said...

Thanks for the recipe- looks great. I'll have to give it a try- I love Nellie & Joe's key lime juice. It's the best!