Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just One Of God's Little Blessings!


I had an amazing gift this afternoon! It started when I kept hearing a bird tweet-tweeting very loudly and sounded to be in distress, so I looked out my front door, and saw this little darling!






It's a baby cardinal, and he was trying his best to get his daddy to give him something to eat! Daddy was obliging, sitting on the feeder, eating a while, then going back down to feed his little one.





I know these aren't the clearest pictures, but considering I was taking them behind a curtained window with just the lens of my camera sticking out, up against the glass, then cropped and zoomed quite a bit, they are pretty good!





Daddy about to feed baby; baby bowing so daddy can get down to him.








"More, daddy, more!"





"Okay, baby, here's some more!"





I love this picture! There is almost a sense of reverence and respect between the father and child. I have enjoyed watching them this afternoon so very much. There was another baby, but I only saw them together once, and couldn't get a picture.


Isn't it amazing when we slow down a minute and watch these little gifts God sends us from time to time?!?



6 comments:

Val said...

Slow down? Yes I need to do that. I love these pictures. Precious. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's the simple gifts that mean so much. These are such sweet pictures. Glad you shared them with us.

Faye said...

Only God could create somrthing so beautiful.Have a great evening! Blessings, Faye

Leslie said...

I agree, there is so much joy in the little gifts that are given to us each day. Cardinals are beautiful birds! I love your blog.

Lori E said...

Well I like the part where it is the Dad feeding the little one. That is also a gift.

Linda said...

Too cute. I love to watch all birds at our feeder.