Thursday, March 10, 2011

Great Website and Little Gifts

While visiting one of my 'Little Gifts' bloggers (Cathy at Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much) today I stumbled upon the cutest little picture in her right hand sidebar . . .


Isn't that just the cutest retro lady???  Anyway, the title above the picture said 'Tipnut', so I clicked on the picture and landed smack dab in the middle of wonderful town!  This website started out as one woman's effort to organize her lists of patterns, homemaking ideas, recipes, etc. into one place.  It's clean, cute, and very well organized!  Am I the only one out there who didn't know about this place???  Here are some of the things I found there . . .
And trust me when I say, there are many more!  This is such a great place, and I can't believe I haven't found it before.  So, thank you, Cathy, for leading me to this neat warehouse of timely tips! (Oh, and by the way, Cathy just shared a delicious looking strawberry cake recipe on her blog, so please check it out!)

Finding this website was a neat 'little gift', and I have a few others I'd like to share today . . .
  • My baby gardenia that I rooted from a stem in water, and then potted, is doing well - she spent the day outside in the rain yesterday, and looks all the better for it!  She's inside today because of the high winds, though.
  • Our Doxie, Bailey Sue has recently discovered chipmunks and their burrows, and has become a happy camper slash Doxie Possessed.  It is very entertaining to watch her, and neat to have to literally drag her back in the house when she's on the trail of a critter!
  • Hubby got his annual review this week, and got a teeny tiny raise.  A little extra money is always a big gift!
  • And speaking of Hubby, he is doing so well!  He's more relaxed, feeling better and 'lighter' in spirit.  His weight loss has slowed down a bit, but he's still working at it.  What a blessing!
  • Something to look forward to . . . Saturday's Sunshine Sisters Farmgirls gathering at Sue's house, and a ride and picnic in the mountains on Sunday afternoon.
So, what little gifts have you gotten lately?  They can come from anywhere, but you have to be looking for them!  Blessings, friends, and Be Joyful Always!!! Becky

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you have lots of 'sunshine' in your life. My hubby is going to get better in due time ...

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
Have a beautiful eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

Bev C said...

Hello Becky,

I love Tip Nut, I hope you have signed up for there email. A great way to find projects. So glad some sunshine is coming your way.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

CJ said...

Hey Becky!
Wow! I am sooo far behind in my blog reading ... but ... I'm so glad you discovered TipNut from my blog :) I remember when I first found it ~ I was in heaven!!!♥ Now, it's an almost everyday stop for me and the first place I go to to search for things. A few days ago I was searching for my SIL for natural room deodorizer recipes and once again TipNut had the best selection. And ...yes!! do sign up for the emails, they are great :)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥