Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  The sale yesterday was 'OK', but although there was tons of traffic going by our little corner, not too many stopped by.  I did make a few sales, but it was mostly the junk from around the house and not so many of my treasures.  But I'll be right back out there the 4th Saturday of June for another try!




Today I've been just messing around the house.  I made a small freezer (Krups counter top type as shown above) of homemade pineapple coconut ice cream with FRESH pineapple and have it in the freezer firming up.  I roasted a few heads of garlic for garlic bread for tonight and tomorrow night, and I have a rack of baby back ribs in the oven.  My favorite thing about bb ribs is that I bake them a day, or several days, ahead and keep them in the fridge until I'm ready to throw them on the grill.  You can find my recipe HERE where I posted about them last Memorial Day weekend.  I did add one new ingredient this time, and I can't wait to taste them tomorrow and see how it works - I added 2-3 cloves of the freshly roasted garlic to the rub right at the last.  The grainy brown sugar just pulverized the soft garlic, and you can't see it there, but I bet it will taste good!



That's about all from here today.  I'll check back in with you sometime this week!  Blessings,Becky

No comments: