Friday, January 16, 2009

Why Camellia Cottage???

I was looking through some old pictures, and decided to share with you some blooms from the camellia bush right outside our front door. In the Victorian 'Language of Flowers' one of the meanings for camellias is contentment. Perfect for our life here at Camellia Cottage.












Have a great Friday and fun, fun, fun weekend! Blessings friends, Becky

{Note: Doing this post has gotten me to thinking, and as my hubby will attest, that is dangerous, lol! Anyway, I want to start a "Floral Friday" ("FF") tradition. I have lots of pics of flowers in my library, and many flowers growing in my yard, and many, many more flowers I'd love to grow, or just enjoy their beauty. So, this will be a very informal thing; if you want to join me and post pictures of pretty flowers on your blog on Friday or share your garden hopes and dreams or show your garden's progress through the year, you may copy the picture from my sidebar and post it on your blog, and then each week that you post "FF" on your blog, just leave a comment on my post so I can go visit you. It's that simple! I'll be posting flowers from my own garden, from gardens I visit, and maybe even from magazines, seed/plant catalogs, anywhere I gain floral inspiation. I look forward to enjoying YOUR flowers, too!}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

g'day, thanks so much for popping by my beach cottage...

love love love camellias, in fact I have a plan to get lots planted in my cottage garden soon, along with some roses

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to see your Pink Saturday post. I'll try to visit again later.

Dixie said...

My grandmother had Camellia bushes all around her house.. they were beautiful... I've not had any luck growing them in the dry south Texas soil, but in Mississippi when I was a girl... they were magnificent! Thanks for the beautiful pictures that brought back sweet memories... Dixie

Unknown said...

Such beauty! Wow, those are some gorgeous and colorful blooms! This makes me long for spring...
~Emily

kymber said...

Hi Becky,
Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I look forward to getting to know another Georgia friend! I recently moved here from Washington State and look forward to summer here so I can see what will grow. I LOVE your Camellia bush! Due to the short summers and gloomy days in Washington, I wasn't able to grow a lot of the plants that I see here. I can't wait to start planting!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

calicodaisy said...

Hey: I just jumped over here from Ravenhill's blog. I see you are in N. Georgia. I live in SC and am over to Atlanta a lot, where I grew up. My daughter's name is Camille, and we love Camellias, so this was a good jump!
-- Michele

kymber said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday and leaving such nice thoughts about my blue monday post. It is good to know that there are other faux flower girls out there!

Maybe we should form a club LOL :-)
Have a great day today!
Kymber

Liz Harrell said...

Fantastic flowers. Our climate is a bit too cold for camellias, that or I'm just too lazy to do the work of keeping them alive through the winter! Either way, they're gorgeous.