Friday, October 10, 2008

A Cake for Traveling!

Hi There! It's another cool, misty day here in northern Georgia, the kind of day we've had way too few of in recent months, so I'm enjoying it.

I'm all about planning and packing today, as we are leaving tomorrow morning to go to a GA state park about 100 miles from here. It's Richard B. Russell State Park, a 2500 plus acre state park on the banks of 26,500 acre Lake Russell near Elberton, Georgia. We love this state park for many reasons, but the main one is that it's a large park, with only 28 campsites. A cozy little campground with it's own boat ramp, docks and fishing dock. We'll be there all week, returning on the 18th, so this will be my last post for a while.

I wanted to leave you with a new recipe! My friend Linda from Brooklyn, who I met on Scrapbook.com, gave me this recipe and it's delicious, and only 3 ingredients, so it's very easy!

Pineapple Coconut Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease
a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple - with juice
1/2 cup (or more) shredded coconut

Blend cake mix and pineapple well, then add coconut and mix until it's well blended. Pour into cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. It took me less than 40 minutes, but my oven runs a little hot.

Linda says this cake is nice with cool whip and toasted coconut as a garnish, but as you can see, we're doing just fine with nothing but the cake!

The cake definitely tasts like angel food, but with the added tang of pineapple and the sweetness of the coconut. And it rises up nicely, too.

I sure hope you enjoy this recipe! And I hope you have a great week next week. I'll check back in with you on the 18th or 19th. Blessings friends! Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CC, I look forward to following your new webpage. Having known you from Recipe Swap on QVC, I know that you are an expert cook and VERY creative.

Have a wonderful week. I know the area that you will be camping in as it is known for having so many monument companies. My friend/sister, Butterfly and I had to make a trip to Athens when her husband was in Elberton at one of th monument companies to pick up a huge one. I drove the BIG truck back to Tennessee with the monument on it.

Wishing you sunny days next week and much continued happiness and good health at the cottage.

Ladybug

Ladybug in TN said...

Your visitors are invited to visit my page. It did not post when I selected adding my URL.

http://theviewfromladybugsappletree.shutterfly.com/

Anonymous said...

CC,Love your new blog! & That cake looks delicious!! Hope you Guys have a wonderful time on your trip!! Are you taking your trikke's? Take lots of pics to share with us when you come back! With Love ~ T