Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"What I Did On Vacation"

Well, we've been lazy.  We've gone riding.  We've played dominoes and skip-bo.  We've watched TV and watched the waves ripple on the lake.  Mama and Wayne have fished, but haven't had any luck so far.  And I've been working on a few little goodies.  I have a show coming up in a few weeks where I'll be selling handmade and vintage treasures, so I need to make some new stock for the sale.




These are a few of the flower brooches I've been making . . .




This one is made from 1950's chicken feed sack fabric.  I sewed this one on the machine, and covered the button with the same fabric.  It is about 4" across, maybe a tad more.  The colors are a soft spring green, teal and shades of lavender.




Brown poplin and a fallish print of beige, gold, burgundy, brown and green, with a vintage green button and pinked edges.




A pretty blue, white, yellow and green daisy print fabric, with a center yo-yo made of 1950's chicken feed sack fabric and a vintage white button.




These three are made of a pretty, shiny black cotton with mauve and pink roses and green leaves.  The buttons are vintage as well.  The fourth pic is of how I finish the pins - a scrap of felt, a brass safety pin, and another scrap of felt to hold it on nice and tight.

Do you like these?  Let me know what you think.  I've sold a number of these in different colors, and people seem to like them.  They sell for $5 each.  If you are interested in any of them, let me know, otherwise they will be for sale at the Purple Palooza III in October.

I've also made a few sets of flannel 'coat pocket hand warmers' that you warm up in the microwave and put in your coat pocket for those cold winter days that are on their way.  Maybe I'll show you those next time!  See you later, Becky

1 comment:

Janean said...

becky, you little talented thing you! the blue and yellow is gorgeous...well they're all great!!