Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Dream Come True!!!


Did you see it??? That new logo over there to the right? The one that has a header of "I Design For . . . "? Yeah, that one! It's official! For a couple of years now I have had the goal of becoming a design team member for a card making challenge blog or some other card making 'enterprise'. Any number of applications later, and I have finally been chosen to be a member of the design team for . . .




Unscripted Sketches is a sketch challenge blog that issues a new sketch each Saturday that many people will turn into a greeting card based on their own individual take on the sketch. My responsibilities will be to make a card based on each sketch and any 'bonus' challenges, and visit the blogs of card makers who enter their cards in the challenge and leave them encouraging comments about their cards.

This is not a paid job, but it is my dream job! I'll now be doing what I love doing, all while being a member of a team of lovely ladies who share my passion for creating our own little pieces of art, and encouraging other folks in their own artistic efforts. Doesn't that sound like a dream to you?

In upcoming weeks I'll be getting to know the other team members, and learning all the ropes of the Unscripted Sketches organization. I hope to have my first card for the challenge on September 18th, so be sure and check back often! Life is so funny, and God is so good! I felt so good when I was preparing my application for this team, and every other time I have been so nervous and felt I wouldn't make that team.

I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity, and look forward to carrying out my duties with joy and a new level of creativity. Thanks for visiting today! Be back soon, Becky


2 comments:

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Becky, Congratulations for your dream come true. Blessings as you continue your heart's desire.

tara said...

Yeah congrats on your dream come true, good luck, so happy for you!! xo