Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude Filled Days!

When I got up this morning one of the first thoughts I had was 'hmmmm, what to be thankful for today', and from that moment on I have been so abundantly blessed by things for which to be thankful that I am overwhelmed! So much so that I had to write a whole post to tell you about them!

First, sleep! Sound, restful, restoring SLEEP! I remember changing the channel at the end of Dancing With The Stars last night, but I don't remember what I changed it to! I remember getting up once to go potty and realizing hubby was in the bed, but I dont' know what time it was! Next thing I knew I was waking up, the bedroom was somewhat light (our bedroom is on the west end of the house, so the sun has to be up and at'em for the room to be very light), and I was instantly awake and up within 2-3 minutes of stretching and thinking over my day. It's so nice to get a nice, long, cozy nights sleep!

Second was knowing I don't have to leave this house today. I'm doing laundry, I've got to pick up the house and get ready for my friend coming for a play date on Friday, and I'll have to make dinner for hubby and I tonight, but I am here for the day, and that makes me happy.

My first official 'action' for EVERY day is to rouse the girls from their slumber and make them go outside. Then I go out, check the temp on my deck and stand and look out on 'our' woods. They aren't actually 'ours', but they reach down as far as you can see, and right now there are so many golds, yellows and oranges down in there that I had to stand there in the chill and give thanks for my home and the view behind it!

Then I grabbed my wake-up glass of OJ and headed for my play room. First off, check e-mails. One of my e-mails was from Deena, with a teaser saying she had a surprise for me on her blog, so I went to her blog and was so surprised (and extremely happy and thankful) to find she had given me my very first Blog Award - the Kreativ Blogger Award!!!!! You can see it on my other BLOG.

Another thing I'm thankful for today is only 4 loads of laundry. Most week there are at least 5 or 6, but today it's just 4 - a special day!

And one last thing that I am grateful for - YOU! Whether you are a faithful follower, dearest friend, or just stumbled here via the web, I am most grateful that you made it here today and chose to read this long, rambling post.

Have a gratitude filled day my friends! Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

Ladybug in TN said...

Have a blessed day in GA.
Ladybug

Mindy said...

Hi! I just saw a ladybug in your comments and thought, "Did I already comment?" LOL But no I didn't! I enjoyed your post of the day. What a great way to wake up... what am I thankful for today? I love that! I'm going to try it tomorrow =)

Debbie said...

HI there. Thanks for stopping by Blog ARound the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up and ready to go. Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!