Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Visit with Mildred . . .

I had the sweetest comment/invitation on my last post from Bennie and Patsy. They had shared my blog with their readers, and plan on highlighting different blogs the first of each month. That was so sweet of them, and I'm definitely adding them to my blog roll as soon as I finish here!


And in the spirit of their invitation, I'd like to invite you to visit my friend, Mildred at Mildred's Menagerie. The picture above is of Mildred's sweet Dachshund, Harriet, who is one of the members of the menagerie at Mildred's house. Mildred tells stories of times ~ and things ~ gone by, and I'm always learning something new from her.

I chose Mildred to share with you because she holds a special place in my heart. She lives probably 35 miles (more or less) from me, and she even knew and bought flowers from my sweet Daddy before he passed in September, but yet she and I haven't met face to face! I hope it will happen one day, though!

So, enjoy visiting Mildred today, and go and visit Bennie and Patsy, too - while you are out! Blessings friends, Becky

3 comments:

Patsy said...

I love Mildred's kindness and being one of her blogger buds. I think this is going to fun.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky and thank you for your kind words and thoughtfulness. I was thinking of you and your Dad this weekend. The Lenten Roses I bought from him are so big, healthy and pretty and I can't wait for them to show their purple, lavender and white blossoms. I have enjoyed these plants for years but not until this fall did I realize they were a connection to you and your parents! Funny that it took blogging for us to meet! I always enjoy visiting your blog and I hope we get to visit in person one day. How is the Christmas decorating going?

K-Sue said...

I love visiting with Mildred!