Sunday, September 13, 2009

Arrangements

It's been a rather unusual day, but not in a bad way. You never know how you will 'behave' when you are planning a loved one's going home service, but it all went rather smoothly and calmly. Of course most of that came from Mama and me talking everything over many times during the last months.

We are doing well. Tired, and a little befuddled, but otherwise fine.

For those of you who are interested, here are the details:

Larry Forrester
Darby Huey Funeral Home, Canton, Georgia
Visitation Monday night 9/14/09 6pm to 8pm
Services at the funeral home Tuesday @ 2pm, followed by burial at historic Hickory Flat Cemetery, Hickory Flat Community, Canton, Georgia

My specific prayer requests for right now are this: That my brother (Tim) will behave himself and not show his sorry side at the funeral home or cemetery, and that he doesn't bring his meth addict girlfriend; that my nephews (Gabe and Dustin) are strong and learn from this huge life lesson; and strength for each day for all of us, especially Mama and me.

Everyone - Fay, Mildred, Jane, Nancy, Teresa, K-Sue and all of you, thank you! I am more grateful than you know! Becky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, I am glad today's plans are behind you now. I know how difficult it was. I continue to pray for each member of your family and for your specific requests. I say a prayer of thanksgiving that the Lord has answered our prayers. I pray for God to touch the hearts of each family member present at the funeral and give you and your Mother peace and strength for the days ahead.

Nita in South Carolina said...

I've been reading your blog for several months, but don't know if I've ever commented. I'm sorry you lost your Daddy (doesn't matter how old you are, does it - he's still your Daddy!) I'm sure it's a relief for you and your mother to be released from the stress of the last several months. Hope everything goes well for the next few days.

Val said...

Becky, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am praying right now.

aimee said...

becky-
i am sorry for your loss. there is no more pain,no more sadness, no more waiting. i am so glad you were able to be with your daddy making memories. he is whole in his new body and sitting with the Lord. i pray all goes well with the funeral and that your relatives behave. take care my friend.
hugs and blessings,
aimee

Ladybug in TN said...

Sleep now Becky and rest because all is well. God is going to take care of the situation because we are all turning it over to Him to handle. I pray that a hedge of protection be placed around you and you Mom over the next several weeks that no words, bickering or distension come your way.

You are grounded and now you can concentrate on your happiness and getting Mom involved in activities with her friends and making new ones at various places.

I am barely holding my eyes open but just wanted to say keep the positive attitude and ignor the rest. We all are with you in spirit so when you feel little wisp around you and one big swish, that is the troop known as your online friends.

Love ya,
Ladybug